Whenever a vehicle comes out on the market there are many versions also known as trim levels of the same vehicles. Ever since the newer jeep wranglers are introduced, people are crazy about them. We cannot take our eyes off the design and building of jeep wranglers. They stand out due to their strong build, with a robust frame that gives it a proper military and aggressive look. Let us look at the jeep wrangler trim levels.
Jeep Wrangler Trim Levels – Models Configurations By Year 2022
Here is a quick overview of 2022 Jeep Wrangler Trim Levels Comparison Chart
- 2022 Jeep Wrangler : Sport 4×4
- 2022 Jeep Wrangler : Willys Sport
- 2022 Jeep Wrangler : Sport S 4×4
- 2022 Jeep Wrangler : Willys
- 2022 Jeep Wrangler : Sport Altitude 4×4
- 2022 Jeep Wrangler : Sport RHD
- 2022 Jeep Wrangler : Sahara
- 2022 Jeep Wrangler : Rubicon
- 2022 Jeep Wrangler : Sahara Altitude
- 2022 Jeep Wrangler : High Altitude
- 2022 Jeep Wrangler : Rubicon 392
What Does a Vehicle’s Trim Level Mean?
Just like everything has different models, a vehicle also has different versions also known as trim levels. Sometimes, a buyer wants a specific car, but the features in that car aren’t according to their liking. Therefore, the company makes different trim levels of the same vehicle with different features, equipment, facilities, and other stuff.
A buyer can easily differentiate between the different trim levels of the automobile, keenly look at the different features present in them and buy according to their liking. Trim levels of the automobile also affect the price tag, some versions have advanced features which will be pricier than the other versions. Moreover, the price of an automobile decreases when the trim level is even one step lower than the newer versions.
Different trim levels of an automobile make it distinguishable from the other. Oftentimes, a vehicle is specifically known for one best feature that stands out the most in it. People that want those certain features will go for that version immediately. This is why the automakers make different trim levels of vehicles with standout features to let the buyers pick their favorite one.
2021 & 2022 Versions & Types Of Jeep Wranglers & Differences
Now, if you have made up your mind to buy a jeep wrangler for yourself, there are different jeep wrangler models to choose from. You can make a choice depending on the configuration and features you want. You must have a budget set in your mind according to which you will choose the trim level of your jeep. We have discussed all the newer Jeep wrangler trim levels alongside their features and configuration so that you can have a clear idea.
1. Jeep Wrangler Sport 4×4
Sport 4×4 is the entry-level jeep wrangler. Usually, the entry-level vehicle is the best one budget-wise as well as configuration-wise. Although this model does not have many features, it has everything else a person wants. The best thing about the entry-level vehicle is that it is a lot cheaper than its advanced version. Let us look at the configuration of Sport 4×4.
- It consists of black steel styled wheels in size 17-inch x 7.5-inch
- Engine Upg: Standard 3.6L V6 24V VVT. Start and stop included
- Comes with a class apart hinge gate strengthened by Mopar
- Features a manual transmission with up to 6-speeds
- Comes with a 5-Inch display, and Uconnect 3
2. Jeep Wrangler Willys Sport
The next model is the Jeep Wrangler Willys Sport 4×4, which has many similarities with the Sport 4×4. However, it comes with some added features which makes it a little pricier than the entry-level jeep wrangler. It boasts a supreme aggressive design, a strong body, and a splendid interior. Let us look at the features this Jeep Wrangler trim level possesses.
- Eng upg: Standard 3.6L V6 24V VVT, and 6-speed manual transmission
- Anti-lock Disc brakes for all 4 wheels are made with a heavy-duty material
- Stand atop black aluminum wheels from Moab, measuring 17-inchx7.5-inch
- Drive swing gate decal for all the 4-wheels
- Head turner glossy black bumper design
- Black Grille
3. Jeep Wrangler Sports S 4×4
This jeep wrangler is further upgraded with some more amazing features, to begin with. It has a classy design that immediately grabs everyone’s attention. The price point is even higher than the previous models because of the added features. Let us look at the features of the Jeep Wrangler sports S 4×4.
- The amazing Sports S 4×4 has automatic headlamps, and power heated mirrors
- Sunscreen windows are tinted so that they can protect your skin from dangerous UV rays
- Tech Silver aluminum wheels measuring 17-inch x 7.5-inch
- Features LED rear position lamps
- LED fog lamps
4. Jeep Wrangler Willys
Jeep Wrangler Willys is a continuation of Sport Willys with a wider range of features from the previous model. It is also comparatively cheaper than other advanced jeep wrangler trim levels which makes it a treat for the people who want to buy it. Many people are way too keen on the jeep wrangler tires. This model has special tiers making it best for the wilderness. Let’s look at the features of jeep wrangler willy.
- Special floor mats by Mopar are apt for all kinds of weather conditions.
- Special air conditioning system which controls the temperatures of the interior automatically as it has temperature sensors.
- Keeps the inside air clean with its special air filter technology.
- Stand out brake assist for the driver’s convenience.
5. Jeep wrangler sport Altitude 4×4
Sport altitude is another amazing version of its sports series with an even wider range of features. It offers the driver more comfort and convenience while driving at a lesser price tag. You don’t have to think twice or thrice before buying it because there are many features with a lesser price tag.
- Beautiful sporty glossy black wheels that roll on the road with class
- Gleaming black fenders
- Features a classy black instrument panel bolster
- Glossy black headlamp inserts
6. Jeep Wrangler Sport RHD
This is another one of the tremendous 2022 jeep wrangler trim levels in terms of features, performance, and design. It has various features similar to the previous versions, however, this model is specific to the mail carriers. The unique thing about this type of jeep wrangler is that it has a right-handed design which makes it stand apart from others. Have a look at its features.
- Sport RHD comes with cloth inserted leather seats which are made keeping the harsh weather in mind to bring convenience for the driver.
- Special tires are made up of heavy-duty materials which are apt for almost all terrains.
- It boasts its 18-inches glossy black wheels which are suitable for high altitudes and all kinds of terrains.
7. Jeep Wrangler Sahara
This incredible jeep wrangler is for those riders who are crazy about desert safari and adventures in the wilderness. This model is definitely pricier than the previous versions, however, you get a vast range of features from it. The best thing about this version is that you can customize your vehicle according to your will.
- 255/70R18 tires that are extremely enduring and perform best in almost all weather conditions
- 18-Inch x 7.5-Inch Wheels
- Engine model: 3.6L V6 with start/stop option
- Features rear quarter windows that can be removed anytime
- It features a sky One-Touch power top that can be removed in a matter of a few seconds with just a touch of a button.
8. Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
The Jeep Wrangler Rubicon trim level boasts a stunning design. From wheels to vehicle frames, everything else is more than perfect. It comes with a plethora of features to choose from and is best for drivers who are ready for adventures. Let us have a look at some of the amazing features this trim level has in store for you.
- Low back bucket seats with high-quality cloth on top make it more comfortable, breathable, and suitable for adventurous rides.
- Sky one-touch power top
- Features a touch screen measuring 8.4 inches
- Keyless entry
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is The Trim Level Of A Vehicle?
Trim level is the version of a vehicle of the same series. To simplify it, trim level means the different models of a car, jeep, or any vehicle. There can be 7 to 8 trim levels of a vehicle or more. All the versions of a vehicle have distinct features on the basis of which they can be distinguished.
Why Is There A Need To Make Different Versions Of A Vehicle?
There is always a need to make different trim levels of a vehicle because it meets the demand and budget of a consumer. For instance, a person might want certain features in a car and has a set budget. By looking at different versions of vehicles people can decide what features they want, and how much they can spend on them.
How Many Jeep Wrangler Trim Levels Are There?
There are many 2022, and 2021 jeep wrangler trim levels and everyone has class apart features to boast. All the versions are manufactured according to the needs and requirements of the driver. They have standard safety features that ensure you have a safe ride even in the wilderness. We have discussed some of the different types of jeep wranglers in the above article.
The Bottom Line
There is not just one but different types of jeep wranglers to choose from. We call the different versions their trim levels that can be distinguished on the basis of their features, design, and up-gradation. We have listed some of the jeep wrangler trim levels and their features so you can have a look at them and decide better before buying.
Hi! This is Marcus Adams, an adventurer who has a passion for jeeps. I have been exploring terrains for about 10 years and has trailed on a variety of jeeps. My passion for off-roading has allowed me to learn everything jeeps have to offer. Now, I have turned his passion into a professional project in form of this SMOOTHDRIVES website, where I plan to share my expertise about all kinds of off-roading accessories for jeeps, trucks and SUV’s and provide readers with high-quality content.